Friday, January 20, 2012, 1:58 AM
Oblomovshchina.


I know I'm awfully late but THE HOLIDAYS ARE HERE!!!

Mind you, it's not one of those measly one-month holidays that aren't holidays afterall because you become bombarded with those dreadful holiday homework no one does until the last 3 days. If all goes well, THIS SPELLS A GLORIOUS FANTASTICAL MAGICAL TERRIFIC SUPERFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS EIGHT-MONTH LONG VACATION!!!




Holidays are indeed pure bliss! Whist it is true that from time to time one becomes encapsulated by ennui it is unequivocally much more preferable to the toil and doldrums of hectic school days plagued by torrents of assignments (which usually ends up being done half-assed or not at all whenever possible hur hur).

My inclination to inertia probably explains why I am utterly unable to comprehend friends whom have dived into full-time jobs with near immediacy after their exams. It truly baffles me and leaves me aghast. I mean, don't you think that after 10 torturous years of education (k the adjective is more hyperbole than fact, but I still think of waking up when the bloody sun's not even up yet a tragedy), one should just take it easy and cherish the precious holidays that we'll probably never have until we retire/strike 4D. My friends, it is the opportunity of a lifetime to frolic and be idle to your hears' content! Relish this moment, for, with the exception of heirs and heiresses of great fortunes, you will likely have to slog your sorry guts out for the next four to five decades. There exists the inevitably of having to work in your adulthood, so you ought not to start today because the hefty opportunity cost is the glorious idle days of your youth.

But of course, should any temporary job that pays handsomely come your way, by all means snap it up. I especially like taking up work on public holidays due to attractive remunerations, i.e. double pay. Oh yes double pay makes me very happy indeed.





Profile

“The only horrible thing in the world is ennui.”
Claire, perfunctory student. I sometimes blog when I am burdened with terrible ennui.

Blogskins | Portfolio | Tumblr | Icons | Ask.fm

Tagboard

Archives

Credits

Layout: yours truly; icons: 1 2, 3, 4 5, 6, 7, 8. Best viewed in 1440 x 810 pixels screen resolution, Google Chrome.