Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
I've ceased to write properly for so long that I fear I may never write coherently again. What a depressing thought to bear when one has a literature-based module for the semester. Though I whine every time I take a literature-based subject (particularly in junior college) due to the frustrations it entails, I may only feebly accept that such a module at this point of time would best suit my current situation.

Suddenly I'm not so sure if university life's for me due to my utter sloth; for the past 3 academic weeks I've spent here, not a single minute was spent on revision or homework until just an hour ago when I started to mildly panic; I came to realise that quite a number have mugging on a daily basis (my motto: always mug the least you can, for every second studying inefficiently is a second wasted) and going for consultations, completing their tutorials, et cetera. I am able to empathise their desire for first-class honours, but surely there is more to life than just academic pursuits? I suppose that statement can be swiftly dismissed by those who regard it as a loser's excuse (to which I may agree partially - not the loser part, the part that it is, in this context, a poor justification).

It's a quarter past two so I shall end quite abruptly here and also because I suck at conclusions.



Profile

“The only horrible thing in the world is ennui.”
Claire, perfunctory student. I sometimes blog when I am burdened with terrible ennui.

Blogskins | Portfolio | Tumblr | Icons | Ask.fm

Tagboard

Archives

Credits

Layout: yours truly; icons: 1 2, 3, 4 5, 6, 7, 8. Best viewed in 1440 x 810 pixels screen resolution, Google Chrome.